Tuesday 1 September 2015

hand-made birthday gift

My baby sister turned 21 today, but when it came to deciding what to get her I hit a brick wall as I wanted it be special, so after scouring through the internet looking for inspiration I came across a post on Pinterest, it was an idea called Open When....
I automatically knew this is what I wanted to do.
Not only would it mean alot as it was all going to be handmade but I would also be able to personalise it for her. 
Let me explain a bit more, The Open When gift is...you have a number of envelopes, on the front you write at the top corner "open when" then you choose what follows, for me I had 21 different topics as it was her 21st, I started with an open now envelope, inside I detailed exactly what she had to do with each, why I chose it as a gift and also gave some rules . E.g only open each envelope when needed. They went from open when ... your feeling grumpy,  in which inside I place a hand written letter (which I placed in each) aswell as loads of chocolate .
To Open When ... your feeling lucky, inside I placed a lottery scratch card, and I was so chuffed as when she scratched it she had won £100 .
To make this gift I used, large brown envelopes, star confetti, stick glue,black marker, aswell as the neon paper for the hearts,title and topics, and I also placed one of my favourite quotes on the back of each envelope, just to personalise it more.

The gifts inside ranged from chocolates,money,acrylic nails voucher, false lashes to joke ones which had bubble wrap for stress relief etc. I placed them all in a gift box to give to her so she could keep them and look over as and when she wanted.


I knew that because of some of the topics that I had done up for her that she would get some what emotional , which of course she did, but this just showed me how much it actually meant to her.
You can tailor this idea to suit you , you can do it for someone leaving for college, getting married, moving country . you can choose to have more or less envelopes, different sizes, colours, the list is endless but can I just say that it is the most meaningful present I think I have ever given to anyone and one that I will always remember making .
I hope you all enjoy remaking this little idea for your loved ones but for now my lovlies its love , hugs and kisses from Little Paintedme xxxooo

No comments:

Post a Comment