Wednesday 4 November 2015

How Derry Does Halloween.


Every Year My wee home-town Derry put on a spectacular parade and fireworks display to celebrate the Halloween festivities, this year they definitely surpassed all of my expectations and then some !

Each year Derry draws in Thousands of visitors during this final week in October , But this year was something else, We were proudly voted as the number 1 Halloween Destination IN THE WORLD! So as predicted crowds of up to 50,000 gathered to watch this years "Rise Of The River Gods" themed Parade which had no less than 600 costumed performers, musicians, dancers and more, My kiddies favourite though I have to say was when the giant Dinosaur puppets tried to attack me while taking pictures (hehe) all caught on video too.
Below is some of the pictures that I captured during the Parade.


As you guys can see the standards of the floats this year was exceptional, the little performers danced their wee feet off and the music kept us all entertained along the way, I want to applaud the organisers, designers and everyone who got involved this year as you were all spectacular.

The Parade has always been my Favourite part of Halloween , but for my children it has to be the Fireworks display, It just wouldn't be the same for us without them, although this year I spent more time watching them than taking pictures of them as they definitely went the extra mile with the display, But here are the photos that I managed to capture. 


 I really hope you all love having a wee look through , but for now its love, hugs and kisses from


No comments:

Post a Comment